We’ve got what you’re looking for!
Friends Settlement apartments, located 10 miles north of Fort Drum in the Village of Philadelphia, has many amenities for you and your family to enjoy:
- 38 apartment buildings plus garages for each apartment (both attached and detached)
- Eight playgrounds spread throughout the property
- Two basketball courts and a tennis court
- Community building used for resident events (or your next birthday party!)
- RV parking area available
Snowmobiling, Skiing, Snowshoeing
Winter brings “lake effect” snow with unparalleled snowmobiling, downhill and cross-county skiing, and snowshoeing, especially on the Tug Hill Plateau.
Other outdoor recreation includes: fishing, ice fishing, skating, hunting, scuba diving, whitewater rafting, and swimming.
Canoeing, Kayaking, Boating or Sailing
Area and Regional Interests
Friends Settlement is less than 20 miles from Watertown, NY and all that it has to offer the North Country region. Museums and historic points of interest include the War of 1812 Battlefield in Sackets Harbor, Boldt Castle and Millionaire’s Row in the 1000 Islands, the Antique Boat Museum, the Clayton Opera House, and the Jefferson County Historical Society. Watertown is the retail hub of the region, with many national chains, and there are shops and boutiques located throughout Jefferson County.
- Indian River School District
- Only 10 minutes from the Fort Drum air field
- Fishing and boating access within walking distance of property
- ATV trails in walking distance from the community
- LeRay Medical Center
- Walking trails
- Indian River Park
- Stock car racing – dirt track can am speedway
- Small, friendly community
- Walking distance to area businesses
- Local Legions and Ladies Auxiliary